Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Just another Saturday

Happy Saturday!  After I made the blue baby blanket on Thursday my mom informed me our friend back home is expecting a baby girl.  I had planned to make a  pink minky square blanket but found this fabric instead.  I already had the brown minky fabric so it was pretty easy.  I had a rough time with the curved edges but its ok for my first.  I will give it to her next weekend when I'm home for a wedding.  Can't wait to meet her new baby girl!  Here is what I made her:
I didn't plan to make the exact same blanket as the tutorial but I couldn't resist the fabric when I found it.  If you'd like to try this blanket you can find it here.  She has a lot of great stuff on her blog :)  My blanket was 42x42 because I cut it before re-reading her directions.  I'm still having a bit of a problem sewing with the minky fabric but I think the more I play with it the easier it will get.

I didn't take me very long to make and I received a bunch of new fabric for my hexagon quilt.  I am now cutting my 2.5" squares watching Romeo and Juliet - The Leo version ;)  He's so yummy in this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment